If you’re looking for a little loan that won’t bite you in interest, hopefully we can help out.
Can our little loans help you?
Watch our video to see if a Ngā Tāngata Microfinance loan can help you.
- Are you struggling to pay high interest loans?
- Do you need an essential item such as a fridge or medical fees, but have no savings to pay for it?
- Are you a New Zealand permanent resident/citizen?
- Are you eligible for a community services card?
- Are you happy to work with a financial mentor to get ahead financially?
About our little loans
- Zero interest charged
- Zero fees charged
- You repay the loan over 2 years
- You get advice and support from a financial mentor on how to get ahead with money
Debt Relief Loan – up to $5,000
- To pay off high-interest debt you already have.
Asset Building Loan – up to $3,000
- You can borrow up to $3,000 to pay for an essential item such as a fridge, school fees or medical fees (car purchases aren’t covered).
Combo loan – up to $3,000
- Our combination loan - you can borrow up to $3,000, with the ‘GetAhead’ part of the loan being no more than $2,000. For example, $2,000 for new whiteware and a laptop, and $1,000 to pay off debt (note, car purchases aren’t covered).
Ready to apply for a loan? Start here
Repaying your loan
Before you apply and if you’re approved for one of our loans, you’ll be expected to work with a financial mentor to improve your money skills and make sure you can manage your repayments. Your financial mentor will keep on working with you for as long as you need.
He or she will get your monthly repayments set up on a date that suits you each month – these will be deducted automatically from your bank account or benefit. You’ll also need to agree not to take on any new debt during the term of your loan.
Working with a financial mentor
Together with one of our loans, working with a financial mentor will help you learn to get ahead with money. He or she will work with you to make a budget, show you how to plan ahead, ensure you’re getting all the right benefits, and coach you through any tough times.
The great part is, it’s FREE, plus your financial mentor can keep working with you for as long as you need to get your debt under control or to get ahead financially.
“My financial mentor found easier ways for me to live day to day. It’s a great service, and the people are lovely. I’m feeling much better now. I don’t have to go without any more, or worry about my debts.” – Maria*
* Name changed to protect identity.